It adds the option of training mate positions from mate in 1 move to mate in 4 moves.
The positions are taken :
- Mate 1-2 : from positions prepared by
- Mate 3-4 : from positions prepared by Pascal George and included in
It is divided into levels, each level has 10 blocks, each block has a number of positions depending on the type of mate.
- Mate in 1 has 500 levels of 10 blocks of 15 positions each.
- Mate in 2 has 700 levels of 10 blocks of 10 positions each.
- Mate in 3 has 80 levels of 10 blocks of 7 positions each.
- Mate in 4 has 30 levels of 10 blocks of 5 positions each.
No difference in difficulty from one level to the next, the limitation is that you can not move from one level to the next if not all blocks have been completed without error ( no matter the time used ).
To train a block in current level : double click on the row block
To train the next level : you click on Level icon and choose level and block level .
Playing have a help icon that indicates the move and also adds one to the number of errors .
Link : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18461840/LucasChessPortable500Dev4.exe
Also it is included Critter 1.0.